May 20, 2008

Oh, The Drama!

Man! Having a middle school girl just about to graduate into high school is turnin' my hair grey. Marisa has only 2 days of school left. I'm leaving for Texas in 3 days. So, I must do laundry. I went into her room this morning to gather up enough clothes to wash with mine. I grabbed her uniform pants off the back of the chair and clearly stated, "Marisa I'm washing these pants with my clothes." To which her reply was, "okay." I whisked the pants off to the laundry room.

I'm poking the last of the items into the washer when I hear, "NO, MOM, THOSE PANTS ARE CLEAN! I DON'T HAVE ANTHING ELSE TO WEAR TO SCHOOL!" Oops....the drama begins.

I said sorry to no avail. Then, I remembered that she has 2 more pairs of pants that she has never worn! I remind her to look in the bottom drawer for the pants she never wore. NO! There is stitching on the pocket. So, Marisa goes to the good will box that I keep in my closet and drags out a pair of pants that are too small. She insists she can wear them even though they are too short. Whatever...I didn't say anything else about the pants. She only has 2 days left anyway.

We arrive at school, walk down to my classroom. Marisa gets a text from one of her homies. Guess what? It's flippin' jean day! LOLOLOLOLOL

Marisa was madder than a wet hen! She called her dad to bring her a pair of jeans. No deal, he ain't doin' it. Only a couple of other kids even remembered that today was jean day anyway.

I get home from work. I have an email from Marisa's teacher (it's a group email actually to the entire 8th grade class). It apologizes for the confusion. Jean day is TOMORROW, not today.

May the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment