May 10, 2008

Busy Saturday

I don't like it when my schedule gets so booked up, but "Oops! I did it again!" I started off the day with my last meeting in Boulder for the Child Health Liaison program. I enjoyed this program. Plus, the extra money was nice. I went straight to a Pampered Chef party after the meeting. It was an interactive party and we made a great salad. It was so simple, but it's the company and the atmosphere that brought it all home.

Meanwhile, back at the homestead, Danny had to wrangle kids and taxi them around. He fixed breakfast for them, got them ready, and took them to a birthday party. Now, this is the fun part. It was a birthday party for a 6-year-old. There was a bouncy house involved. The parents hung out and the kids bounced around. Tony told Ms. Mac (the mom of the 6-year-old) to offer Danny a beer and he would stay longer. And, it worked.

It doesn't end there. Ms. Mac is throwing another party tonight. It's a graduation party. She asked my kids to stay all day and hang out for the party tonight. And, they did! Even Tony. Danny just left to try and pick them up from Ms. Mac's house for the third time today. She was Marisa's sponsor for confirmation. She stays involved. Marisa made the best choice. Hopefully, Tony will follow suit.

Danny asked what I wanted to do tomorrow for Mother's Day. Besides going to The Broker Inn, I really don't want to do anything. My only wish is that MY mom gets to go home soon. She has been in the hospital/rehab for 30 days now.

No comments:

Post a Comment