August 31, 2008

Who's That Girl?

First off, let me start with "I DON'T CLEAN MY TEENAGER'S ROOM". You'd think that she could do it herself by the time she is 14-1/2 years old! We have lived in this house for 10 years. So, this is 10 years worth of stuff. Oh, Marisa, I love you anyway!

Second, let me say that I let Marisa "DECORATE" her room anyway she wants. It's her room. We ain't moving anywhere anytime soon, so who cares. I know there are a few out there that are having heart attacks right now. Too bad, so sad. IT'S HER ROOM, I said!
Now, this is where I get all squeamish. The makeup battle. Now that the time has come, I've decided NOT to take it on. I decided to "get in front and lead the parade". So, when my baby came home from her sleepover and she was covered in mascara and eyeliner, I offered to take her to Walgreen's so she could buy her own. We could practice, I could help her. Cool Mom, right? Then why do I feel so, so tired?

There now! She did a pretty good job. Not too much, not too dark. If I could just get her to hone in on the bangs. But, hey, look how happy she is!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Their room, they do what they like within reason. Because our children share a room,they have to compromise. As far as the make up, I think girls should wear what they like. There are way more important things to worry about with them and worth fighting with them about. Make up certainly isn't one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! I'm with you 100% on this. You know how Michael's room always looked. Way to go on the makeup....take the lead and be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, she did do a good job with the mascara - it looks natural! What a pretty girl she is. :) I think her room is really cute. It shows her individuality and creativeness. When my eldest (now 20) was a teen at home, she decorated her own room too - one time she painted 3 walls gold and one wall red - and sewed her own curtains out of turquoise fabric. It sounds strange but it came together. I felt the same way - it's her room! As long as she kept it picked up and made her bed in the morning, I was fine w/it.

    ReplyDelete