August 24, 2008

The Weekend Update

Ave Maria
Dios te salve, María,
llena eres de gracia, el Señor es contigo.
Bendita tú eres entre todas las mujeres,
y bendito es el fruto de tu vientre, Jesús.
Santa María, Madre de Dios,
ruega por nosotros, pecadores,
ahora y en la hora de nuestra muerte.
Amen

Tony has to learn the 'Hail Mary' in Spanish. He has been practicing and reciting it all weekend. His religion instructor is also his spanish teacher. Hey, it works.

We have had a busy, busy weekend. I went on a scrapbook retreat on Friday night. I got 3 pages done, one of which is my oldest nephew's graduation from last year. (My goal is to stay one year behind.) On Saturday, Danny and I attended our annual CPR class. A lot of the information is the same, with only slight variations on the rescue breathing and compressions. I recommend everyone knowing CPR. Then Saturday evening we went to the Rockies games. It was a blast! The Rockies won! And, they have this promotion that if the Rockies score 7 runs in a game, you can take your ticket stub to Taco Bell and buy 4 tacos for $1. We're all over that!

Today, we attended our parish picnic. At first, we hung out in the beer garden, but ventured out to be socialable with the rest of the parish. Danny and I kept a close eye on Tony and his friends. For my blogger friends, my son Tony can be compared to a middle school 'Kelso' from That 70's Show. He is a 13-year-old goofball that gets into trouble every time he turns around. So, just to make sure we don't get a phone call or an email from some uptight parent, we watched our little 'Kelso' from afar. (I feel a little guilt putting this story in the same post as the Ave Maria, but it's a reflection of our crazy life.)

Marisa was the center of attention. Folks were asking her how she likes high school, telling me that she is beautiful and starting to "look like a girl", etc. I'm glad that Marisa is working the Luke 18 retreat for our middle school kids this year. I'm praying it will keep her grounded in her faith.

Well, that's it. We're heading out to Taco Bell. I know! You don't have to say it...

No comments:

Post a Comment