July 16, 2008

When The Cat's Away

After a hard day at work I got my hair cut, then Marisa and I ate dinner at The Huckleberry. Another reason we ate out AGAIN this week is because the electricity went out and would not be back on for 4 hours! Granted we don't have an air conditioner, but without electricity we don't have fans or the water coolers either! A third reason we ate out AGAIN is because Danny and Tony are off camping this week and we decided to treat ourselves to places Danny doesn't really care to go. So there....

Speaking of the boys being gong this week, we have had a couple of mysterious happenings. One night I heard the footsteps out in the backyard. It sounded like "something" was crunching through the back garden. We have our windows open 24/7 and I hear lots of things, but this sounded different and it was scary. It sounded like the "something" was heavy, more so than the typical squirrel, cat, or birds that frequent our backyard. I quickly turned out the lights and got the almight Boy Scout flood light. By the time I turned in on the backyard, the "something" was gone. All the outside lights remained on the entire night.

The next night Marisa and I were going upstairs to bed. We walked past the front porch to find a big ole' cat sitting on the walk, shwishing it's fat calico tail, just staring at front door. Freaky...we are NOT cat people to begin with and to see one hanging out on the walk was a bit pet cemetery-ish. So, in typical scaredy cat (no pun intended, because obviously THIS cat was not scared) we began turning on and off the porch light. It finally ran off behind the garage. Then...

Last night it was so hot in the house that I put a small fan in Tony's window. His room is on the north side so he gets a pretty descent breeze. I fell asleep in his room. Marisa said she tried to wake me up around midnight when she heard "banging" on the side of house. She said that Lucy was barking maniacally. Marisa said she looked out all the windows but didn't see anything. She told me today that she called my name several times, but I didn't wake up. My memory is that I heard her call my name and I heard Lucy barking and I told both of them to go to bed. I didn't hear any "banging". Then...

Today the electricity goes out for 3 hours and 25 minutes. It is now dark...

1 comment:

  1. gosh. How scary. I have been maniac about locking everything with Steve and the older children gone. I feel a bit frightened too at little sounds outside.

    ReplyDelete