July 12, 2008

Everlasting Gobstoppers

Yesterday was the last day of VBS. My co-workers and I celebrated, or de-stressed, over dinner and drinks at 3 Margaritas! Needless to say, I'm a bit tired today. My family went to the mall without me. I laid down to "take a nap" and next thing I knew Marisa was telling that she was going to the mall. Later, I was awakened by the ringing phone. It was Marisa again. Danny had taken both kids to the mall and they were going to eat there. She called to see if I wanted them to bring me something.

"Why, yes!" I asked her to stop by the candy store at the mall and get a box of Gobstoppers. "And, if the movie theater will let you", I said, "get me a bag of popcorn".
Pause...silence...garbled noise...Marisa comes back on the phone: "Dad said we can bring you something from Panda Express and the Gobstoppers. What do you want? Orange Chicken and those noodles?"
"No," I said, "fried rice. And, the Gobstoppers."
"Okay, Mommy," said Marisa, "I love you."
Love everlasting, with Gobstoppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment