July 28, 2008

Get On The Bus

On Wednesday Marisa and one of her friends are going to Boulder on the bus by themselves. Other kids have been using the bus system for a long time. This is Marisa's first time without parents. I can just feel the grey hairs pushing their way through my scalp. My stomach hurts. My mind is totally distracted, so much so, that I made a big mistake at work today. But, ultimately, I have to let her spread her wings, test the waters, and stop hovering over her. Marisa agreed to call me on the cell phone each step of the way. But, for now, I'm calling it a night and going to bed. Patron St. Christopher, please intercede and help watch over Marisa on her day out.

Now, where are those sleeping pills, or that bowl of rainbow sherbert? Either one...

1 comment:

  1. First times are always scary. I hope you don't get too many grey's from this.

    I have tagged you.

    See my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete