July 27, 2008

Hammock-A-La-Garza

The moment we've been waiting for! It all started with this sheet of parachute material that Tony purchased at Boy Scout camp this year. Oh, I mean, the hammock that Tony purchased.

Danny assessed the project, determined it would be an easy project, and made a trip to Home Depot. Once he and Tony returned, the power saw came out.

Measure twice, cut once. Lay the entire thing out in the driveway for all the neighbors to see. We often have passers-by stop and ask about our projects. Really! That's just the way it is.

We must include lunch in this project. In order for the boys to let me take pictures without them grumping around about it, I agreed to make them a hearty-project-sustaining meal.

I'm beginning to visualize the specs. Did I mention that this contraption fell over on my car? I now have a hammock dent on the passenger side.

Tony is so dedicated to this project (and why wouldn't he be...it's for him). He got up early this morning and started painting.

OMG! I knew the hammock was going upstairs, but I didn't realize they were going to carry it through the house. What? Nevermind.

So, there you go. Tony has decided to replace his twin bed with this hammock that he and his daddy made with their own hands.

Aren't we cool parents? Well, at least Tony thinks so, and rightfully so! (I give this hammock thing a month. But, what do I know? I'm just the momma...) Love you, Tonster!

No comments:

Post a Comment