September 29, 2010

Karma

One thing I have a difficult time with is...driving with the windows down. There are several reasons for this:

1) I like the air conditioner on;
2) I can't hear on the phone when the wind is whipping my hair around my head;
3) Don't like my hair whipping around my head;
4) I'm afraid the dog might jump out the window;
5) My parents always told me to keep my arm in the car when driving in case there was an accident. If my arm was out the window, my arm might get cut off.

So, as you can infer, I have an issue with the window down in the car! Convertibles are even worse...and we have one!

What does this have to do with Karma...well, my boy LOVES to have the windows down. He is constantly playing with the windows and sticking his arm and face out the window. Now that Marisa has a new car, he hops in the front seat and rolls down the window. I'm in the back seat and can't hardly stand it! I get nervous, really nervous! I run through my repertoire of reasons.

So back to Karma! I'm talking with a friend in the parking lot today. We both get into our cars. I forgot to tell her something and so I roll down my car window. Then, I try to roll up the window. It doesn't go up. I panic! What the heck? I can't drive around downtown Denver or on the highway with a rolled down window! Seriously! I am forced to deal with my 'issue' over a rolled down car window...and it's the dang driver's side window!

I called Danny immediately! He is laughing, "oh, the irony!" I'm yelling, "no, you don't understand!" He said he would take a look at it when I get home. I had to drive around all afternoon with a rolled down window. I had to stop and get gas, too! (For those who know me, well, you know my gas station phobia!)

When I got home, Danny looked at my car. He loves 'projects', so this one was no different. In fact, he took care of it in half an hour. Turns out the cord on the pullies went off track. He fixed it at no cost!!!

He took the innards of the door apart to 'diagnose' the problem.

Ahhh, the cord was off track and the pullies were stuck.

And, voila! The window rolls up! All is right with my world!

Was it Karma? Maybe, most likely, but nothing a Garza and a little elbow grease couldn't fix. Thanks, Danny, thank you mucho!

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny! I love this story..I think your husband and my husband would be great friends...Pierre is forever taking stuff apart to fix & putting it back together :) It's nice to have such handy men around isn't it?! I totally get your "phobia". I too was raised with the belief that if even one little pinky was hanging out the window, it would be ripped from my body, and it would be my own damned fault!

    ReplyDelete