October 1, 2010

October

This is my favorite month for many reasons. First, it's my birthday month! Can't beat that with a stick! Second, it's the time when the Texas State Fair is in full swing. I have fond memories of hanging out at the State Fair over the years. Third, Texas - OU weekend...enough said! Next, it's Halloween! Love, love, love Halloween!! And, lastly, as a new October tradition, the scrapbook retreat with my girlfriends.

For my birthday this year, I'm flying to Texas with my son to hang out with my dad, brother, and nephews! I'm looking forward to being 'home' and thinking of all the dishes my mom used to make for us. I want to be able to make those dishes for my dad. It's a great feeling to think fondly of those memories and be able to carry on the traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment