September 20, 2010

Food For Thought

As a facebooker, I see some disturbing quotes for folks to 'like' on their wall pages. Some examples are:

"I hate..."
"I am sick of people..."
"...hard to decide which face to slap..."
"I know an asshole..."
"I don't care..."
"I have a low tolerance..."
"I don't need..."

Get the picture, here? Lot's of 'hate' going on. So, I looked up a few different quotes for the 'hate-quote-likers'. Post these instead, if you dare:

--“There is something to that old saying that hate injures the hater, not the hated.” ~Peace Pilgrim Quotes

--“Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” ~George Washington Carver

--“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” ~Coretta Scott King

--“It demands great spiritual resilience not to hate the hater whose foot is on your neck, and an even greater miracle of perception and charity not to teach your child to hate.” ~James Arthur Baldwin

2 comments: