January 1, 2009

Happy New Years 2009

I hope everyone had a safe New Year's Eve. We went to eat at Rock Bottom. Then, the boys had the teen equivalent to a "frat party" in Tony's room...loud music, snacks, sodas, stinky boy smell, party hats, and loud music (oh, already said that). They were singing, jumping on the mattresses that are on the floor, had the window open, acting well like partiers do.

Marisa, on the other hand, was holded up in her room, mad. All I can say...boys, males, the opposite sex. Get it?

Danny, Jase, and I watched movies. Well, I fell asleep, Danny watched the movie. Jase had to go clean up throw up out of the bathroom sink because Parker got sick. Too many sodas and bouncing around. Typical when the cousins get together.

So, to bring in the new year, the kids are still sacked out this morning. I finished another book. Jase is watching our Dish because he doesn't have it at home. Danny had leg cramps from skiing yesterday, so he drank some salt water and went back to bed. Later on we are planning on eating the traditional black-eyed peas for good luck, going to see a movie, and just "hang out".

I don't have any idea what my New Year's Resolutions are goingn to be. I have the standard: lose weight, get out of debt, be a good Catholic, but I want to more. I'm thinking about adding: join a community group, join a book club, volunteer more, stuff like that. I have until midnight, I guess, to decide. What's everyone else thinking? Any ideas?

1 comment: