September 5, 2008

What Were You Doing When...

1. President Kennedy's Assassination - 22 November 1963

I was 6-weeks-old. My parents were driving to Palestine, Texas to visit my grandparents for the Thanksgiving holiday. They were driving a volkswagon bug driving down Highway 287. I have no recollection...

2. England's World Cup Semi Final v Germany - 4 July 1990
I was in Oahu, Hawaii. That's all I'll admit to!

3. Margaret Thatcher's resignation - 22 November 1990
I don't remember what I was doing, but I was wondering if the next PM would get along with Bush and the US.

4. Princess Diana's death - 31 August 1997
We had just moved into our new home and I was sicker than a dog! I needed to get sleep, but I stayed up for days watching TV about it. My heart was broken for her two boys. My kids were just babies.

5. Attack on the twin towers - 11 September 2001
I had just dropped off my kids at school and was heading over to the spa for a facial. I was getting ready to attend my 20th high school reunion. I felt jumpy during the entire facial and never relaxed. I felt guilty for taking advantage of luxury while this was happening. I haven't gone back to that spa since. I had to get on a plane 6 days later to attend the reunion.

6. The election of Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger to the papacy - 19 April 2005
We were at school and watched it. We watched for the "smoke". I was praying that the new Pope would fill JPII shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment