September 26, 2008

Therapeutic Intervention

Well ladies, it's another Friday night at our house and I'm beat, physically and emotionally. Why I do this will take years of therapeuic intervention to unravel, but...

I chaperoned my son's middle school dance this afternoon. He was the DJ. I was in charge of guarding the back door. All was going well, I think. Tony was asked to dance by Christina. He said no. Then, he wanted to ask Sierra to dance, but chickened out. Two 7th grade boys snuck out the door, then decided to "flip off" other kids who were looking out the window. I caught them! They tried to re-enter the hall, but were stopped by our front door monitors! Due to their "gestures", they were not allowed in and their mommas were called. Lovely...

Marisa's homecoming was tonight. Dmitri did not ask her to go (Marisa's first choice). Then, she was planning on going with a couple of girlfriends. Well, that didn't work out. So, she ended up going to the mall with William. As I pulled into the garage from the middle school dance, Marisa was waiting for me to take her and William to mall (his mom is bringing them home). She took no money with her. Oh yea, she passed up on a babysitting job in order to hang out at the mall.

Where's Danny? CAMPING! Yep, camping. So, here I sit, looking through job announcements, listening to Tony laugh at Larry the Cable Guy, eating a bowl of noodles, texting my BFF Jayme for moral support, and sipping on a watered down Pepsi. Heavy, heavy sigh...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angie,
    It's Vilma McAdams - Danny's cousin in Aledo, TX. Sometime back in the summer I got an email from you with a link to your blog. I've enjoyed checking in on it several times! Just wanted to tell you that I'm totally impressed that you make time to blog about your family. I've thought about trying it, and you've inspired me. The closest I've come to a blog is carepages.com. I'm not sure if you knew that I was diagnosed with breast cancer last September. It was a tough year, but we got through it and life is good again!!
    Carepages was a good way to keep family and friends up-to-date. I haven't updated it for a while, but I'll send you the link if you want to take a look.
    We have lots of things in common; Scrapbooking, reading, the Dallas Cowboys... how cool is that? Your mountain retreat sounds amazing!
    This is a long comment....sorry! I'll write more later. Say hi to Danny- Love, Vilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vilma, YES, I remember you! God Bless you and your family! I'm so happy to hear that you are a survivor! I'm glad to hear that I still have the correct email for you. Please, please, please send me your link! I LOVE reconnecting with long lost family and friends. Say hello to your kiddos! Love, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've had a lot going on with the kiddos. Their social lives keep us busy and they can sure run us ragged sometime.

    Thanks for your prayers for my dad. I know he'll appreciate that very much.

    ReplyDelete