April 18, 2011

Bo, Boy

I believe there are reasons for everything. 'Things' happen and we can't fully explain them. After Dad passed, Jase and I found a poem written by my Aunt Claudie, Dad's sister. We were very fortunate enough to have it read at his memorial service. I wanted to share it with you! Finding this poem when we did is one of those 'things'.

Bo, Boy

Hi there,
Bo, Boy,
My oldest, best,
And dearest friend.

Bo, Boy,
I've never told
You what you
Mean to me,

Because, mostly,
I've felt that
The telling was
Uncessary and
Unwarranted.

Now, though,
It seems
Prudent for me
To tell you
What I think
And to tell you
How really
Special you are.

Hi there,
Bo, Boy,
My oldest, best,
And dearest friend.

Bo, Boy,
You are special;
You remain
To me
The best little boy
And friend
That there will ever be.

Love, always
CMcD

No comments:

Post a Comment