February 25, 2009

Coyotes On The Loose

Our park has coyotes! There was another attack last night. Someone walking their dogs was attacked. An old horse farm is at the top of the swell. I think since there is not much activity, the coyotes have taken refuge. I didn't realize this when I sent Tony out with the pup the other evening. Fortunately, he walked the pup by the elementary school and not the park. Oops! What kind of mom am I? Obviously, not an observant one...

Anyway, I took the dogs for a walk at the park this morning. It was eerily quiet. I was actually spooked. It was like a scene from a Stephen King book: abandoned horse farm; quiet pond with a couple dozen Canadian geese, Mallards, and Loons; and, me and my two dogs. I kept looking behind me, peering over the wire fences at the horse stalls, picking up the pace by a shed of some sort. Creepy! Then, Broomfield's wildlife control pickup drove up, so I didn't feel so alone.

The dogs are tired out, and I'm trying to get organized. I need to come to grips with alot of stuff. It is Ash Wednesday afterall....

No comments:

Post a Comment