February 10, 2010

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,
It's been a year today that I saw you for the last time. I remember that moment last year when you died. I remember that day like it was just a moment ago. Jase and I were with you in your room. We were talking like any other day, having a conversation like any other other conversation. I looked at you and you took your last breath.

It's been one year and so much as happened, yet nothing has changed. Yes, we are all a year older. Marisa is driving! She also lettered in golf as a freshman. Tony is on the track team. Parker is in band and taking guitar lessons. Jaron plays football. Dad continues to have his struggles, but is thriving. Jase and I are looking after him. We even got Dad to come to Colorado for Thanksgiving! And, Dad got another dog! His name is Winston and he is a sweetheart.

Not a day has gone by that I don't think about you. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night crying, missing you terribly. I miss talking to you on the way home from work everyday. I miss seeing you when I come home to Texas. I even miss the humming of your oxygen concentration and the nebulizer. I know that must sound silly, but it's true.

We've made it through one year of birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays. Yes, we made it through. We celebrated your birthday! We still wished Dad a happy anniversary. Those dates will never change or go away. We reminese about favorite memories the kids had at "Granny and Papa's". We still shed tears, but we also smile and laugh.

I miss you. I love you. You are still a part of me.
angie

No comments:

Post a Comment