June 19, 2010

Home

While the trip by car is long, it's so worth the result...being at home. Every trip home I have certain routines and places to visit. For instance, today after unpacking, Danny and I went to Green's Produce. We start off with getting fresh fruits and veggies from this local produce market icon!

I have to stop by Wishes & Dreams to refill my stash of DeeJays Candles. Then, a trip to The Book Rack is a must! Even though I have a Kindle, I still need to trade out my good ol' fashioned paperbacks.

I also have to hit the restaurants: Candlelight Inn, Shipleys Donuts, Catfish Sam's, and more.

I love sleeping in my own room that I had growing up. I love listening to my kids laughing and wrestling around with their cousins. I love the sound the A/C clicking on and off (remember I don't have an air conditioner in my house in CO). I love walking to the Bicentennial Park and getting snow cones with my kids. There are lots more, but for today, these will do.

My home. My roots. My memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment