September 13, 2009

Grand Lake, Colorado

I'm sitting here thinking of something to say about our weekend at Grand Lake, CO. I keep thinking how much I want to go back! I'm thinking that once the kids graduate and move out, Danny and I can retreat to the mountains forever! Who needs the day-to-day grind and drama of reality? Oh well, we'll see...
This is the front of our cabin. We stayed in the Henry Schnoor Cottage. Perfect size for our clan.

This is the back of our cabin. Tony and I sat on the porch in the morning, drinking coffee that was so hot and so strong. He complained of being cold and wrapped up in his comforter. He wouldn't be a good candidate for full-time mountain living.

This is the Grand Lake Yacht Club where we rented out boat for the day. Luxurious...mountain style!

This is Shadow Mountain. Very nice, crisp, and peaceful.

This is Danny and me by the harbor and the museum. Walking distance everywhere.

Well! Imagine our surprise and chagrin when we saw the sign "Please stay off the rocks"!

So, we found a BOULDER instead. Oh, where is Marisa? Well, being the teenager that she is, she wanted to stay back home with friends. So be it...

No comments:

Post a Comment