August 4, 2009

Blessings

Counting our blessings is as individualized as there are individuals. My blessings are many and varied from enjoying a cup of coffee in the mornings, looking into my son's blue eyes, being with my daughter when she drives the car, shopping for school clothes, to the miracle of breathing air. While I can become busy or distracted, I never stop appreciating them. Recently, I was able to share in the last Holy Communion with a patient who was actively dying. The patient's family was present. I felt so incredibly blessed to be invited to share in this intimate moment for this patient's transition from life to Eternity. For the rest of that day, I reflected on my relationship with our Lord, my family, memories of my mom, and how fortunate I am to just have life!

No comments:

Post a Comment