May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Well, we went with stimulating the economy. We started off the Mother's Day weekend by buying lumber and materials for a porch covering. Then, we went to eat at Benihana's. That was a blast! I remember going there when the kids were very young. We used to bring home leftovers. Not anymore!

Today, on Mother's Day we hung around the house. The weather was overcast, but Danny and Tony stained the wood for the porch. In the afternoon, we went to see Star Trek in IMAX. Loved it! And, I'm not a trek fan, but the movie was great. Everyone had fun.

My sister-in-law and I are totally stuck on the games in facebook. This weekend we have played Sorority Life, Mafia Wars, Farm Town, YoVille, and Vampire Wars. It's been fun IM'ing and playing the games with her.

And for lunch today, I made ribs, baked beans, fried okra, and baked potatoes. So, all in all, it was a nice Mother's Day. Dad and I talked twice. He went to church with his friends. He and Jase had celebrated yesterday by going to Mom's favorite Mexican restaurant. I know my mom would be happy today knowing we had a good time. Love you, Mom. Miss you!

1 comment:

  1. happy mothers day Angie. I remembered that this is the first one without your mom and I am glad you had a good and went to your mom's favourite restaurant.

    ReplyDelete